Waxing and Waning: Moon Dreams, Myths and Other Musings
Moon myths and dreams are the inspiration for Barbara’s current work. Always observing the natural landscape, she places moon imagery into her pastel paintings and mixed-media collages. These collages contain natural objects collected locally, from distant places, or were given to her by friends who (rightfully) thought she might like a gift of a smooth stone, shell fragment, odd-shaped bone or twig.
Two exhibitions highlighting this new work will be:
September 6 - October 19, 2013
Opening Reception: Sept. 6, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Lincoln Art Center
126 E. Lincoln, Lincoln, KS 67455
October 26 & 27, 2013
10:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. both days
Lawrence ArtWalk Open Studios
The Creative Hand Studio, 35 N. 2190th Road, Lecompton, KS 66050
Visit Barbara's open studio any time during the weekend. There will be lots of good food, drink, conversation and fantastic art! Email Barbara for driving directions to her studio on the bluff of the Kansas River.
With an art career spanning over 35 years, I have participated in numerous fine art exhibitions across the country, including juried shows, invitationals and solo exhibitions. Below is a selected list of exhibitions in which my work was displayed. For a complete list of exhibitions please click here.
- 2012 - Featured Artist, The Upstage Gallery, Topeka, KS
- 2012 - The Waiting Room, Alice C. Sabatini Art Gallery, Topeka, KS
- 2010 - The Sketch Book Project, Art House Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
- 2009 - Against the Grain: Canvas Transformed, Lincoln Art Center, Lincoln, KS
- 2007 - Pieces of Eight: Collaborative Artists Books, Mulvane Art Museum, Topeka, KS
- 2007 - Objects of Dimension Sculpture Exhibition, Amazing Women, ArtSpring Gallery, Salina, KS
- 2006 - Solo Exhibition, Public Gallery, Salina Public Library, Salina, KS
- 2003 - Landscape III, Period Gallery (online), Lincoln, NE
- 2000-2004 - Mulvane Mountain/Plains Art Fair, Topeka, KS
- 1998-2003 - Art in the Park, Lawrence, KS
- 1993 - Art Zone Exhibition, Jewish Community Center, Denver, CO
- 1992 - RE:Members Show, Kansas City Artists Coalition, Kansas City, MO, Juror: Ree Schonlau, Director, Alternative Worksite, Omaha, NE
- 1991 - Faber-Birren Color Award Show, Stamford, CT, Juror: Laura Rosenstock, Asst. Curator, Dept. of Painting & Sculpture, Museum of Modern Art, New York City
- 1988 - Pastel Society of the West Coast 2nd Annual National, Sacramento, CA
- 1988 - Degas Pastel Society 2nd Biennial National, New Orleans, LA
- 1987 - Pastel Society of America 15th Annual International, New York City
- 1987 - Kansas Pastel Society 4th Annual International, Wichita, KS, Juror: Daniel Greene
- 1986 - Pastel Society of America 14th Annual National Exhibition, New York City